Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
- Hormuz Strait between Oman and Iran at the entrance to the Persian Gulf
- Strait of Malacca between Singapore and Indonesia
- Bab-el-Mandeb passage from the Arabian Sea to the Red Sea (Yemen and Socotra)
- Panama Canal and the Panama Pipeline connecting the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans (British Honduras)
- Suez Canal and the Sumed Pipeline connecting the Red Sea and Mediterranean Sea (Egypt)
- The Turkish Straits/Bosporus linking the Black Sea (and oil coming from the Caspian Sea region) to the Mediterranean (Greece)
- The Strait of Gibraltar (Gibraltar)
- Cape Horn (Chile)
- The Cape of Good Hope (South Africa)
Yes, it’s all fine. nobody worry about anything
Director Saccomanni (Bank of Italy).
Bonus Bucks for Friday, November 18 (the ones posted Thursday night).
1. On Wednesday, the Bank of England predicted that inflation would fall to what level in two year’s time?
D. 1.3 percent
2. Despite the U.S. consumer confidence at recession levels, Smead Capital Management believes its time to buy shares of consumer discretionary stocks. Which ones does it suggest?
A. Walgreen, Starbucks, Nordstrom
3. According to Hiring For Attitude, one of CNBC.com’s best books for the holidays, what percentage of newly hired employees fail within 18 months?
A. 46 percent
Anglo American Plc has bought out the Oppenheimer family’s 40% ownership of De Beers for approx. $5.1bn in cash. Anglo, will now control just over 85% of De Beers has forecasted a rise in demand for diamonds in emerging countries…
“We’re seeing in the first half of this year a tremendous increase in demand coming out of emerging countries as well as developed countries,”… “In 2005, India and China represented about 8% of demand. By 2015, India, China and the Gulf will represent about close to 40%.”
Anglo is no stranger to buyouts, having purchased the Minas Rio iron-ore project (Brazil) for $5.5bn in 2008.